Every person has a reason as to why they choose to travel by self-drive. generally, those that wish to travel by self-drive, usually travel on their terms and take their time at the tourist sites than travelling with a safari guide that follows a schedule. sometimes self-drive travellers want to extend their safaris to other countries for more exposure to wildlife in other countries, hence crossing the borders on the road. We understand every person’s desire for self-drive travelling through the country and sometimes to extend their safari to another country, and this is why we are here so that nobody is held back and denied a chance to travel and enjoy their safaris.
We want to help travellers have the best trip or safari. talking to those that wish to travel by self-drive extending their safaris beyond Uganda into another country, just ask us whether it is possible to cross the borders with a self-drive rental. And the answer will always be yes!
If you (the traveller) want to drive a self-drive car rental from one country to another, all car rental companies induce surcharges for crossing the border. These fees are designated to cover, cross-border insurance fees, regional taxes, help bring back the vehicle etc. The subsidiary fees also cover the extra insurance needed when driving in a different country. However, our self-drive (car rental) company plan and arrange all the border crossing paperwork on behalf of the clients and include all the charges within the total costs for the rented vehicle.
We also advise our clients on where to buy the insurance that is needed to drive in any country the client intends to travel to.
- Always inform us about the country you intend to travel to or extend your safari to, we can also advise you on applicable fees to pay for the insurance and necessary documentation needed, among others. It is better to share your itinerary with our company when booking the vehicle, to aid you and get the right information about what to do before crossing to another country.
- The extra fares paid sometimes depend on where the client is going (country) and the border they plan on using to cross with the rental. Once our company knows the country and border to be used when crossing, we will avail with all the right documents (COMESA) to use when at the border.
- If you don’t inform our company about crossing the border with our vehicle, you will be terminating the insurance. This means once you (client) get into an accident or steal or damage the company vehicle in another country, you will be held responsible for the damages and all costs to the company out of your pockets.
- Our company will ask about your travel plans before confirming the booking of the vehicle. This gives us adequate time to process all the required information, notify you about any fees and processes for you, and all the paperwork needed to take with you when crossing borders with the rental. Along the inquiry, while booking a vehicle, notify us that you’d like to cross the border to another country with the rental vehicle.
- Although our company accepts vehicles to cross borders, we don’t authorize our cars to cross to some countries predominantly those countries in Political crisis like South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Somalia and others.
Thinking of self-driving across borders during the season for a vacation, business or leisurely tour, and looking for the ideal provider on how to get around, Simply approach our rental company to get help.